Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them feel more immersive and real.
The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
Requires higher priority than map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
and AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)!
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab
depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in,
giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking
and movement sounds of the cabin.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of
this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
## Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s
to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key
insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light,
wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to
the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations). [ETS2 edition]
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding
sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or
## Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more
tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience
of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo,
engines, gear changes).
* Variety of engine sounds for several vehicles (e.g. motorbike sounds
for motorbikes) in various AI Traffic mods and in stock trucks from
the original game.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing
by you in the oncoming lane.
## Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects
including biplanes, trains (included train horns) etc.
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come
with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air
balloons, you name it!).
## Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for
American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime
* Tunnel sounds for some large tunnels. [ETS2 edition]
* Suitable volumes and sounds of environmental ambience for various
* Some suitable sounds included for various companies and delivery
* ETS2 1.25.3 and 1.26.x + ATS 1.4.x. and ATS 1.5.x. No errors in game
log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an
unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides
realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at
the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with
higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound
addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume
using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
CHANGE LOG v17.7
— Sound changes —
1 new forest ambience sound.
Remastered wave sounds.
Added real engine and horn sound for Lamborghini Diablo for Jazzycat’s AI traffic pack. [ETS2 edition]
Added camera sound effect for pedestrian with camera. [ETS2 edition]
Added bulb horn for becak (cycle rickshaw) by R1ndray7 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Applied DAF XF 105 engine and horn sounds to some DAF XF 105’s in Jazzycat’s Painted Truck Traffic Pack v2.5. [ETS2 edition]
Applied Mercedes Actros MP4 2014 engine and horn sounds to some 2014 Mercedes Actros MP4’s in Jazzycat’s Painted Truck Traffic Pack v2.5. [ETS2 edition]
Applied MAN TGX engine sounds to all MAN TGX’s in Jazzycat’s Painted Truck Traffic Pack v2.5. [ETS2 edition]
Applied Volvo FH16 2012 engine sounds to all 2012 Volvo FH16’s in Jazzycat’s Painted Truck Traffic Pack v2.5. [ETS2 edition]
Probability of hearing V8 Scania engine sound in AI traffic Scania trucks reduced. [ETS2 edition]
Finetuned one of the default AI traffic car sounds.
— Open truck window optional addon —
Updated mod to account for new forest ambience sound.
Credits: SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo,
Balamut, AlexeyP, nIGhT-SoN