*EDXP is the acronym for “Enhanced Driving Experience”.
New version 1.10.0:
– Compatibility update for version 1.33
– Trailer definition updates.
– Use of code “company_paint_job: true” for multiple liveries of trailers.
– NOTE: Addon for the Baltic DLC will come during December (exact date unknown).
This is a little mod package that I originally made for myself in order to make the driving
experience AND the in-game experience a little more “realistic”. It contains several modifications to
definitions and sounds. It has remained private for several versions of ETS2…until now.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
– All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
– For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
– Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
– Top speed for every truck is 90 km/h. They have been at their correct setting ever since, but I included them anyway to be sure.
– Trucks pulling some oversized loads will travel at 70 km/h.
– Top speed for the TEMSA Opalin is 100 km/h. This bus also has been at the correct setting.
– In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
– Combination Vehicles (CV) are included.
– Traffic density has been reworked.
– Special thanks to cipinho for letting me use part of his Real Traffic Density mod!
– Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings, but not to a point where you have
to wait for more than 2-3 minutes to cross a major intersection…unless you’re in the left lane full of cars trying to turn left.
– Green light interval is 20 seconds.
– Amber (yellow) light interval is 3 seconds.
– 5-second delay interval between signals.
– Every signal (except major ones) is disabled from 23:00 to 05:00.
– Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
– Example: If you see an AI Scania with a V8 badge, you’ll hear the actual V8 sound as it drives past.
– Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
– Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
– Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed…even though 95% of the time the AI doesn’t
sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
– Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
– Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
– Feel Thor’s power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
– Bad Winter Weather
– When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
– Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, hot air balloons, and commercial airliners.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods.
*- Some trailers in AI traffic may not have cables connected, and this will cause annoying warnings in the console.
I suggest going into Gameplay settings and set trailer cables to only appear on your truck. (NO FIX)